Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Pine Mountain Brussel Sprouts


Over the weekend we took a trip up to Pine Mountain and stayed at a friend's cabin.  On the menu for one of our dinners was the bag of frozen brussel sprouts that I had grabbed from our freezer to ensure that we had a vegetable component to our dinner menu.  Not sure what to do with them, I put them in the steamer attachment to my handy-dandy Rival rice cooker.  The brussel sprouts steamed while my rice cooked - when they were fork-tender, I looked and them and was not sure what to do next.  Poking around in the cabin's fridge, I found bacon and butter, and then reached for my trusted seasonings-salt and pepper. I fried the bacon (semi crisp) and chopped it up,tossed the brussel sprouts and bacon in some melted butter, sprinkled salt and pepper to taste and baked at 350degrees for 20 minutes.  They came out crisp, tender, and delicious...turning my Non Brussel Sprout Spouse into a Brussel Sprout Loving Man!

No comments:

Post a Comment