To begin with, I started out by chosing a simple dish of salmon cakes that I could eat over a few days, and with with I could vary the accompaniment. One day I had it with a small cucumber salad, and the next with steamed peas and carrots. The cakes are rather easy to make.
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 15 ounces canned salmon, drained, or 1 1/2 cups cooked salmon
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten (seasoned with salt and pepper)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Garam Massala
- 1 cup of mashed cauliflower
- Juice of 1 lemon