Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Easy Chicken Dinner( (for those rush nights)


Strolling through the meat aisle at our local Jon's market, I set my eyes upon the freshest looking drumsticks.  Never having cooked this part of the chicken before, I was determined to try something new.  When I got home, I raided my recipe archives and found a recipe that Anika had shared with us at our summer party - the one where Anika an Jason's chicken drumsticks flew off our dining table.  As always, I prepped the chicken the night before and added my own touches.
6 chicken drumsticks (rubbed with salt)
2tsp of Chinese Five Spice
1tsp of Garam Massala
Minute Maid Orangeade (enough to make a spice paste)
Lime Juice
1/2 tsp of crushed ginger
1/2 tsp of crushed garlic
I coated the drumsticks with the spice paste and stored them in a zippy bag, overnight.  For dinner the next night, I spread them on sprayed cookie sheet and put them in a 400deg preheated oven for an hour.  At the half hour mark, I took them out of the oven and basted them with a concoction of sesame oil, ponzu sauce, sweet chili sauce, and a teaspoon of Chinese Five Spice.  We served these up with steamed broccolli, carrots, and cauliflower.

No comments:

Post a Comment