Friday, December 4, 2009

No Fuss Pulled Pork and Coleslaw Thursday Dinner



Pulled pork is a dish that I have always wanted to make, but just never got down to it.  Not having much time to watch it cook, I decided to use my trusty crock pot.  Slow Cooker Pulled Pork is the way that it is listed on the internet, and most of them call for a bottle of one's favorite BBQ sauce poured over a shoulder of pork and just left alone.  Well, I poked through my pantry and found another packet of McCormick's Slow Cookers BBQ Pulled Pork packet of spices.  I buy packets of spices when they are on sale so that I can used them during the week to jazz up my dishes.  This packet of spices requires a 1/2 cup of ketcup, a 1/2 cup of brown sugar, and 1/3 cup of apple cider vinegar.  Mixing the ingredients together, I carefully painted the shoulder of pork with the marinade and left it to marinate (in the fridge) overnight.  On Thursday morning, the pork went into the crock pot (low for 8 hours) and I went to work.  
On the way home, I picked up some hot rolls from Jon's market and a head of cabbage.  Grammy Betty was kind enough to make her coleslaw.  I don't have a recipe for this, but as soon as I do, I will post it; however, I saw her add evaporated milk, apple cider vinegar, and a bit of pepper.  Dinner was tasty, quick, and comforting - what I look for on a Thursday night.

1 comment:

  1. Yum,it sure looks delicious!I also rely on my slowcooker to make preparing dinner so much easier.I came across your site from the foodieblogroll and I'd love to guide our readers to your site if you won't mind.Just add your choice of foodista widget to this post and it's all set, Oh, I also wanted to let you know about our exciting food blogger cookbook contest we just announced this week!
    For the next three months, food bloggers can submit their photography, writings, and original recipes to Foodista.com. The public can view all submissions on the website and vote for their favorites. That feedback and editors at both Andrews McMeel Publishing and Foodista.com will determine 100 entries chosen for inclusion in "The Foodista Best of Food Blogs Cookbook." Each winner will receive a free copy of the cookbook. More info available here: http://www.foodista.com/blogbook.Thanks!

    ReplyDelete