Sunday, December 6, 2009

The Determined Cook Visits Charleston



Mirrored view of my hotel room in the heart of Charleston.

The Determined Cook will not be cooking in her kitchen this week. In fact, she will not be cooking at all. I am in Charleston, South Carolina, working, missing my family, but also looking forward to the culinary adventure that awaits me. I will blog my travels this week, as all my meals will be cooked by someone else. My goal is to survey the locals, and find the hidden treasures that make Charleston the food gem that it is.

It is 11:20 p.m. I just got off the plane and made my way to Charleston proper, after getting lost in some gorgeous, Christmas fairyland suburb. As you can see, my professionally made bed awaits me, and only me tonight...I missed storytime with Maya, hugs with Brad, but am looking forward to myself.

Hotel couch, southern opulence at it's best.

Making sure that I don't get left out of the pictures.

Aaaahh!  Much better...G'nite world.



No comments:

Post a Comment