Friday, October 23, 2009

Super-Duper Meatloaf


Why super-duper?  Well, because my husband finished what was on his plate and because my Mum-in-Law took two helpings.  You see, she is the Meatloaf Queen.  A good meatloaf to me has been almost unnattainable - too dry, too soupy, doesn't stand on it's own...just to name a few of the comments I have received.  So, I decided to go to the source, and "barely" added my personal touch to this one. Here's the recipe.


1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef
1 green bell pepper (chopped into tiny pieces)
1 white onion (pureed)
2 tsp crushed garlic
1 pkt. Lipton Onion Soup Mix
Juice of 1 lemon
4 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce (save 1 tbsp for later)
1 egg
3 handfuls of Quaker rolled oats
1 8oz can tomato puree
1 8oz can of tomato sauce
1 tsp dijon mustard

Combine all ingredients except for the tomato sauce, 1tbsp Worcestershire Sauce, dijon mustard, egg, and oats.  Let the mixture marinate for a couple of hours.  Set oven to 360 degrees.  Combine oats and egg into the ground beef mixture.  Place into a casserole dish and mold into a loaf shape (keep away from sides of dish).  Mix the tomato sauce, Worcestershire Sauce, and dijon mustard, and pour over the meat loaf.  Bake for 1 hour.

1 comment:

  1. I love a good meatloaf! This one looks and sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete