Monday, October 12, 2009

Roasted Curried Chicken Breasts with Roasted Fennel



Over the weekend, I thought that I would prep an easy meal for Monday, that would allow me to spend some time with the fam, yet enjoy some comfort food.  Well...talk about a plan not quite working out.  Food was great, but the fam chose a chili bowl instead.  Here's my recipe anyway.



Roasted Curried Chicken Breasts (the key to this is the simple marinade)
2 large chicken breasts cut into three inch pieces
3 tbsp Patak's curry paste
Rice vinegar (to make the paste a bit liquidy)
1 tsp salt


Marinate for 24 hours.  Heat a large pan, and add some corn oil and fry the chicken pieces until they are golden brown.  Place in an oven-proof dish.  De-glaze the pan with 1/4 cup of chicken broth and use as basting liquid (or you could make a sauce by adding cream).  Bake at 360 degrees for 40 minutes.  Easy, peezy!

1 comment:

  1. This sounds so good! I love Patak's! However, I have never been able to find the Madras paste! Which is such a pain because I love it! Oh well, maybe one day :)

    ReplyDelete